Friday, September 9, 2011

Running a Daycare in Van Alstyne Just Got a Lot Tougher


VAN ALSTYNE - A daycare owner is under arrest Thursday after allegedly drugging children in her care. Kimberly Lane, the owner of Luv N Learning daycare in Van Alstyne, allegedly mixed antihistamine with the milk she was serving to children. Police say she told them she wanted the kids to sleep. The children were between the ages of 20 months and four-and-a-half years old. None were seriously injured. Lane was charged with 16 counts of child endangerment and the daycare is being investigated by Child Protective Services.

So apparently the Van Alstyne Police Department isn't familiar with the old adage, "May he who is without drugging screaming kids to get them to shut up cast the first stone." No doubt everyone's been in Kimberly's shoes here before, but in her case she's got to deal with over a dozen entitled, loud-mouth, two-year-old punks. I guess those little bastards didn't get the memo that not only is Thursday nap-time happy hour specials day at the Luv N Learnin, but pollen is kicking everyone's ass around here. I wish Mrs. Benefactor would have slipped some of that sweet cherry delight into my nightly Vodka-Red Bull instead of coughing on me and rendering this blogger incapable of posting all week through a congested head and nasal cavity. Is it too late to hire this Mrs. Lane to serve my WWCD watch party over the weekend? I may need something slipped into my drink when my college football wagers turn as sour as original flavor NyQuil.

No comments:

Post a Comment