Wednesday, December 14, 2011

This Is What Happens When You Move to the 'Burbs



FRISCO - Tori Brown juggles taking care of the children and the household... all while nurturing her creative side. This multitasking led her to a unique invention. It all started when this proud mom wanted to show off photo cards of her children.
"It happened out of a need," she said. "I would put my photo cards along my mantel, and every time I would walk by they would fall down over and over again... it drove me crazy! So I thought I just want cute little easels to put straight across my mantel, and I couldn't find them anywhere, so I made my own."
Calling them "Cardigans," it was an idea that came right out of the cupboard
"I printed my first rounds two years ago this Christmas and gave them out for free to my friends and family," she said. "They went nuts over it, and they wanted more to give to their friends and family, and I made more and I said, 'Hmmm... maybe I can sell them instead of giving them away.'"

I've always heard some terrifying stories about what goes on north of the Bush Turnpike, but this is beyond my wildest nightmares. It's just a whole different world up there. First the annoying kids that no one cares about, then the pounds that everyone notices, then the sad result of a fragile mind driven crazy by boredom, retail and food chains, and too much time with five-year-olds. Look bitch, if you were actually five, people might actually care that you cut up cereal boxes to prop up pictures no one wants to see, but this is kinda mean on WFAA's part, pandering to her like some special needs go-getter for a feel-good evening story. If you've got that much time on your hands, how about sprinkling in some P90X or at least some family acting lessons for the next local newspiece. If I had this to come home to, you better believe I'm putting in 80 hours a week at the downtown branch, plowin' through TPS reports and busty, young secretaries like you read about.

No comments:

Post a Comment