Wednesday, April 3, 2013

How Crappy Are Astros Fans for Cheering for Marwin Gonzalez' Base Hit?



While I'm sure the purists who support the broadcast-mention jinx are all over Busby's ass this morning, I'm troubled at just how terrible Houston fans are for going bonkers after a single down seven to break up a perfect-O. Houston is gonna lose 100 games this season. That hit, and that loss, mean nothing. How great would it be to say you were there for a perfect freaking game? Sure they're just about every week these days, but it still would've been just the 24th in MLB history. However, I vividly remember Mark Buehrle no-hitting the Rangers in 2007, coincidentally to AJ Pierzynski, and it sucked. I was on my feet acting like the pennant was on the line with each fruitless at-bat. Was I sorry then, or was it OK cause I wasn't there and it wasn't a perfect game? Obviously Ranger fans are pissed, so I'm a little biased. Either way, the Astros and their fans made up a lot of ground in the AL West rivalry game. What's the ruling here?

No comments:

Post a Comment