Monday, February 20, 2012

21-Year-Old Chess Prodigy Helping Yours Truly Show What It's Like to Be in My Shoes



People are constantly asking me what it's like to manage and write such a smart, influential, and hilarious news, sports, and culture medium, and I never know how to dumb down my answer enough for them to understand. Mozart, Michelangelo, Jordan, CJ Wilson... they know they're great, it's just tough for them to tell you simpletons how it's done. I've always known that I pretty much play chess while everyone else is playing checkers, but Magnus playing ten simultaneous blind games of chess while everyone else is playing chess is finally the parallel I've been searching for. Hopefully this video will help illustrate to the double-edged sword that is a beautiful mind. With unequaled brilliance and unharnessed brain power comes frequent solidarity, skepticism, and misunderstanding. It's a tough life but somebody has to do it. Checkmate, Magnus!

No comments:

Post a Comment