Friday, March 23, 2012

Am I a Sucker for Thinking This College Basketball Silent Night Bit Is Kinda Cool?


First of all, I've been around the block a few times and I've never once heard of Taylor University, but it does seem like these kids are having a pretty kick ass time. Just full of crazy gimmicks like college kids do. I don't remember getting any Taylor U pamphlets in the mailbox in high school though. That being said, I'm a big fan of college basketball crowd gimmicks, like the greatness of the Aggies of Utah State. I've always thought that being completely quiet during a free throw would really freak out the shooter, but obviously being quiet hasn't brought a ton of notable titles to Taylor's trophy case since I hadn't heard of them. While I think it would be pretty tough to be quiet until your spare team finally hits ten points, I fully support acting like you just won the NCAA final on a Laettner catch-and-shoot during a completely arbitrary point in the game. Who needs to save costumes, flips, and toilet paper for the end of a game when you can just knock it out before halftime, bail, and get back to bangin' those Taylor broads like you brag about.

No comments:

Post a Comment