Tuesday, April 10, 2012

About Damn Time: Upscale Bowling to Start Rolling in Dallas


DALLAS - Bowl & Barrel will open 15 bowling lanes in a 15,000-square-foot boutique bowling alley in the fall at the The Shops at Park Lane. The facility, across North Central Expressway from NorthPark Center, will include a 3,000-square-foot restaurant and bar and will be like a European beer hall. The bowling lanes fill an entertainment void at the center that is home to retailers such as Whole Foods, Home Goods, Old Navy and Saks Off 5th and restaurants like Bailey's Prime Plus and Gordon Biersch.

I don't claim to bowl anything over 150 most times, or even tell you that I would want to go bowling any time soon. I've just always been a little annoyed that if I wanted to hit the lanes up while staying away from the white trash community or the suburbs, I never could. Sure Addison's 300 and Fairview's Splitsville are nice in their own right, but I don't have the time or the energy to find my passport just to curse at gutterballs and risk athletes' foot. If you're tellin' me that there's going to be a little boutique alley hidden in the Park Lane shops where Mesquite can't find it, then I could definitely keep some socks and bowling glove in the car just in case. Watch out, ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment