Thursday, June 16, 2011

Am I Not a Big Enough Mavs Fan if Watching the Parade from My Living Room Is As Close As I Want To Get?







Look, after watching 70-75 regular season games and every playoff game, I then have to re-watch each playoff game the next day. I foolishly throw money on Mavs first half lines despite them being a second half team, then I stay up too late during West coast games to see if they can cover meaningless second half spreads. I screamed in joy more times after Game 6 than I have in my whole life, and I enjoyed the taste of that cigar and that sweet champagne more than nectar from the gods.

So, I am not a big enough fan because I don't want take three hours to get down to the streets of downtown, get re-sunburned, dehydrate myself, and get pushed around by sweaty fat chicks from Mansfield or a pack of aggressive youths from the Oak Cliff Rec Center, all to catch a twenty second glimpse of guys I've seen before standing around waving? I'm out. Call me fair-weather, cause I guess being a sports fan isn't for me. Is it too late to take up candle-making or knitting? How about a vegetable garden? Anything else I can do from home that doesn't require a parade?

No comments:

Post a Comment